From childhood every individual is fascinated of flying in the sky. Every child wants to fly like a bird, free and far away!
When we grow up we realize we cannot grow wings. But we can still fly an Aeroplane. Not only the childhood fantasy is fulfilled, you also can earn as a pilot. A first-time pilot earns up to 1.5 Lakhs per month. With experience and manning International flights one can earn up to 4 Lakhs or more!
Also, you need not be highly qualified for achieving this dream!
So now your life goal is set, but how to achieve it? Well, we will tell you. Just read on…
The first step is Pilot Training. These are the basic qualifications which will help you join the various pilot training schools across India. You can also join the National Defense Academy to fulfill your dream as a Pilot.
- Educational Qualifications
Students who have passed tenth should complete10 +2 specializing in Physics, Chemistry and Math from a recognized school
Complete 10 +2 stream through National Institute of Open schooling
- Physical requirements
- Your height should be minimum 5 feet
- Your vision is important for flying. The requirement is 6/6. Candidates may wear glasses if your vision is correctable to 20/20
Of course you have to pass other tests that a particular school carry out like
- Medical test
- Pilot aptitude test etc
- You should not have fear of heights, which is very important as you will be flying so many kilometers above earth.
Pilot training schools in India
There are many schools that can provide pilot training in India. They are situated at in all major cities in across India so that you need not travel very far to get the training.
Here is an exhaustive list for your information:
- Bihar Flying Institute, Civil Aerodrome, Patna Bihar,
- Government Aviation Training Institute, Civil Aerodrome, Bhubaneswar
- Andhra Pradesh Flying club Hyderabad Airport, Hyderabad
- Rajasthan State Flying School, Sanganer Airport location – Jaipur
- Karnal Aviation Club, Kunjpura road, Karnal, State – Haryana
- Madhya Pradesh Flying Club
- Government flying Training School Jakkur Aerodrome, Bangalore
- State Civil Aviation, UP Government Flying Training Center Kanpur and Varanasi
- Assam Flying club, Guwahati Airport, Guwahati
- Government Flying club, Aerodrome, Lucknow
- Indira Gandhi Rashtirya Udan Akademi, State – Uttar Pradesh
- Flying Training Institute, Behala, Kolkata
- School of Aviation Science and Technology, Delhi Flying club Ltd, New Delhi, India
Can you become a pilot if you cannot afford fees?
Yes, you can become a pilot without paying fees if you join National Defence Academy (NDA). You have to clear the entrance exam with a good score.
Who are eligible to write this exam and join the NDA?
- You should be an Indian citizen
- Must have complete 10 +2 from recognized state board in India.
- Age limits – Minimum 16.5 years and maximum 19 years
- Candidates should be physically and mentally fit
- Unmarried males are only eligible. Girls are not eligible for the exam
Getting Pilot License in India
Next step in becoming a Pilot is to obtain Pilot license. You can get three types of licenses in India.
- Student Pilot License –
- Private Pilot License
- Commercial Pilot License
Flying a Commercial airline in India
The final step is of course joining a reputed airline as a Pilot.
You can become obtain a Commercial Pilot license after your pilot training is complete. Now you can start applying for different airlines that fly in the country. If selected, these airlines will take you as trainees and give you another round of training.
Once the training is over you are ready to fly in the domestic or international circuit as per your qualifications. Happy flying!