Where to download Free NCERT Books for UPSC?
Download Free NCERT Books for UPSC, NCERT books are most ignored and most important reference books for people appearing for UPSC exam.NCERT books are essential while studying for the basic topics before moving to a more complicated topic directly. However, many students make these same mistakes and go for more complicated books before studying from NCERT books for.
NCERT books are necessary because they are written by keeping in mind the age of the children who study those. So, it is easy to understand information in simplified format and it also saves time as it is in very simple and lucid format
Importance of NCERT Books for UPSC
UPSC have always referred to NCERT books before setting papers for UPSC
- Main goal of UPSC exam is to know your basic understanding since school till now and this can be only ensured by knowledge of NCERT books.
- These books keep in mind those people who cannot afford expensive books or are inaccessible to books of different authors.
- The information provided in NCERT books is authentic reliable and unbiased.
NCERT Books needed for UPSC Preparation
There are few books needed in each subject to get a comprehensive and brief idea of various subjects .Get these UPSC NCERT preparation books and excel.
They are hence, given below.
GS Paper-1-History, Geography, Society and culture, Indian and World History.
- Class XI – An Introduction to Indian Art
- Class XI – Living Craft Traditions of India (Chapters 9 & 10)
- Class VI – Our Past
- Class VII – Our Past -I
- Class VIII – Our Past II and III
- Class IX – India and the Contemporary World – I
- Class X – India and the Contemporary World – II
- Class XI – Themes In World History
- Class XII – Themes In Indian History – I
- Class XII – Themes in Indian History – II
- Class XII – Themes In Indian History – III
- Class VI – Social Science: Social & Political Life I
- Class VII – Social Science: Social & Political Life II
- Class VIII – Social Science: Social & Political Life III
- Class XI – Sociology: Understanding Society
- Class XII – Indian Society
- Class XII – Social Change and Development in India
- Class VI – The Earth Our Habitat
- Class VII – Our Environment
- Class VIII – Resource and Development
- Class IX – Contemporary India – I
- Class X – Contemporary India – II
- Class XI – Fundamentals of Physical Geography
- Class XI – India – Physical Environment
- Class XII – Fundamentals of Human Geography
- Class XII – India – People and Economy
GS Paper 2-Polity,Social Justice, Governance, Constitution, International relations.
Political Science and Governance.
- Class IX – Political Science: Democratic Politics Part – I
- Class X – Political Science: Democratic Politics Part – II
- Class XI – Political Science: Indian Constitution at Work
- Class XI – Political Science: Political Theory
- Class XII – Political Science I: Contemporary World Politics
- Class XII – Political Science II: Politics in India Since Independence
GS Paper 3-Science, Technology, Environment, Economic Development
- Science: NCERT Class VI
- Science: NCERT Class VII
- Science: NCERT Class VIII
- Science: NCERT Class IX
- Science: NCERT Class X
- Science: NCERT Class XI – Chemistry: Unit 14 & Biology: Units 4 & 5
- Science: NCERT Class XII – Chemistry: Unit 16 & Biology: Units 8, 9 & 10
- Class IX – Economics: Economics
- Class X – Understanding Economic Development
- Class XI – Indian Economic Development
- Class XII – Introductory Microeconomics
- Class XII – Introductory Macroeconomics
Science: Class XII – Biology: last four Chapters (13 to 16)
List of some old NCERT books for reference
Not only new and latest books but some of the old books too are necessary to study for UPSC.
Here is the list of few old textbooks you can refer to for your exams.
- Ancient India (Class XI) by RS Sharma
- Medieval India (Class IX) by Satish Chandra – (This book is enough for complete Medieval history)
- Modern India (Class X) by Bipin Chandra
- World History (Class X): The Story of Civilization by Arjun Dev – (Should be enough for an intro to World History)
Which books should you refer after reading NCERT ?
Only after NCERT you should refer to other books by different authors, few of them are given below which are used most by the people who appear for UPSC.You can also get the Old NCERT books for pdf Download
- Indian Year Book
- History of Modern India by Bipin Chandra
- Certificate Physical and Human Geography – G C Leong
- Indian Polity by M. Laxmikanth
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh
- Yojana Magazine
- Manorama Yearbook
- Art and Culture – Nitin Singhania
- Brief history of Modern India
- India after Gandhi
Download NCERT books online
NCERT Books are available online or in App format on NCERT Site .
They have made all the NCERT books free and Accessible to all those students who wish to study for UPSC exam.
You can also find all the NCERT e-books on the following site
You can also refer to the same sites for NCERT books in Hindi free Download.
UPSC is one of the most difficult exams to crack in India. However, It is not difficult if you study smart.People often have this misconception that they have to study a lot of books for passing the examination, this is not at all true. If we study from NCERT books for UPSC we can get all the basic knowledge we want. So that, even if we later read different books our ideas are clear.
Download these NCERT books for IAS prelims and mains as it is very difficult to buy so many books.
All the best!